Sunday, December 04, 2005

A true people's politician

A very touching article in the Observer by Mo Mowlam's stepdaughter http://politics.guardian.co.uk/politicspast/comment/0,9236,1657073,00.html

Mo Mowlam was my MP at home and I met her onec in redcar and once a few years later when I was running what used to be called 'Youth & Student Day' for the Lib Dem Youth & Students.

Apart from the fact that she impressed me by knowing who I was have met my parents a few times at local functions in Redcar, I was struck by he down to earth approach and what was clearly a very genuine humanity.

That she managed to achieve so much in politics, particularly in the peace process, whilst remaining a warm human being, perhaps shows how politics could be so much better if we would let it.

No comments: