Saturday, September 15, 2007

After the flood

The past few months have been a been spent dealing with the aftermath of being flooded.

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail but suffice to say that the whole experience is a lot more disruptive than I had ever imagined.

We are now settled in a temporary home not too far from our house and the kids are back into their normal routine.

The insurance company have been as helpful as we could expect although they and all the various contractors involved have clearly struggled to cope with the large number of claims across the country.

The one thing we still haven't sorted out is transfering the TV/phone/internet connection to the new house so internet access has been somewhat limited.

On the positive side it has meant that I've caught up with my DVD viewing and have been enjoying Season 2 of Battlestar Gallactica (Season 3 is now on the way) and the complete set of Tommorrow People DVDs - a series I vaguely remembered from my childhood but which has been a joy to watch with my 9 year old James.

On top of that I went to see The Police last Sunday with Samantha and they were absolutely fantastic.

No comments: