Friday, November 24, 2006

Muse - bombtastic mate!

Sometimes, just sometimes, you get to see a band when they really are on top of their game.

Queen on the Magic tour in '86, Guns 'n' Roses on the Use Your Illusion Tour, Metallica on the Black Album tour.

If you are a fan of live music you will know what I mean.

Last night I saw Muse at Wembley, and boy do they rock.

They do bombast, they do stadium anthems, they do it loudly and proudly. They are hitting heights they they can only have dreamt of when they got going in Teignbridge only a few years ago and they clearly know it and love it.

They wear their influences on their sleeve, coming on to U2's Vertigo and with pretty obvious nods to Queen and others along the way.

And with their new single 'Knights of Cydonia' about to be released they can even claim to be bringing prog rock to the masses.

Enjoy...

4 comments:

Will said...

I saw them at the Leeds Festival and am ashamed to say really didn't pay much attention. I think we were waiting for Ash - and I realise that sounds completely the wrong way round.

Liberal Neil said...

Ah yes, the lovely Ash, a great festival band.

I suspect Muse are probably at their best with their own full show.

Sadly Tool have sold out (in the no tickets left sense!) for Monday's gig.

Richard Gadsden said...

Not my taste, but my musical taste is notoriously bad.

Speaking of which, I have managed to get on the front row for Girls Aloud next year. Just watching the DVD from this year's tour, and t.ey are completely genius.

PS "I predict a riot" is amazing, even when the Kaiser Chiefs sing their totally inferior version,

Liberal Neil said...

Now while I wouldn't go out of my way to watch Girls Aloud I did catch their performance at some festival on the telly earlier this year and would concede that they delivered I Predict A Riot brilliantly.